Photo by Doktent
- Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, clipped
SFB student workshop 9–13 August 2021 + research conference 13–15 August 2021
Perspectives on quantum link homology theories
We are organizing a student workshop based around recent developments in link homology theories, with particular focus on Khovanov homology and other quantum homology theories. The workshop will be paired with and provide background for a two-day research conference.
health and safety measures
venue Faculty of Mathematics, University of Regensburg/online
Akram Alishahi, University of Georgia, Athens
Cristina Anghel, University of Oxford
Anna Beliakova, University of Zurich
Artem Kotelskiy, University of Indiana, Bloomington
Marco Marengon, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics, Bonn
Krzysztof Putyra, University of Zurich
Hoel Queffelec, Institut Montpelliérain Alexander Grothendieck
Liam Watson, University of British Columbia
If you have any questions or concerns about the event, please contact the organizers at perspectives2021\(@\)posteo.net.
This event is funded by the SFB 1085 Higher Invariants.
The svg-icons on this website are taken from mailpile; they are free to use under the GNU Affero General Public License.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to carry out the workshop as a hybrid event, partially online and partially in person. Our intention is to host some talks virtually and others physically in Regensburg. All talks will be streamed online.
Before finalizing your travel plans, we would like to ask you to wait until we confirm that you can indeed participate in person. Moreover, it is your own responsibility to check which travel restrictions apply to you. As far as we understand, the rules as of 28 June 2021 can be summarized as follows: (No guarantees. Please check for yourself!)
Generally speaking, entry to Germany is only permitted if you are
fully vaccinated or
come from the European Union, the Schengen Area, or a country on a safe list; this list currently includes Australia, Japan, and the United States (among others).
Moreover, you cannot enter Germany if you come from an area of virus variants of concern; these areas currently include Brazil, India, Portugal, Russia, and the United Kingdom.
You only need to quarantine if you are not fully vaccinated and come from a risk area; these areas currently include the Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, and some parts of Ireland and Sweden. A complete list can be found here.
For full details, see this link.
examples: (Again, no guarantees. Please check for yourself!)
If you travel from the US, you can travel to Germany without quarantining.
The same applies if you travel from Canada and are fully vaccinated.
If you are currently in the United Kingdom, you can only participate online.
If you arrive from China, you are currently not allowed to enter Germany, but this might change in the foreseeable future.
We advise that you do not make any bookings before we have confirmed that you can indeed participate.
Directions for travel to the University of Regensburg can be found here.
Participants will be responsible for arranging their own accommodation. If you are interested in sharing accommodation and/or coordinating your travel plans with other participants, please allow us to share your contact details by ticking the appropriate box during your registration.
budget options for accommodation
To register for the conference, please fill in the form below.
Registration for the workshop is now closed. Everyone who registered has been contacted.
If you encounter any problems with the form above, try using Firefox or Safari. If that does not help or you have any other concerns, please contact the organizers at perspectives2021\(@\)posteo.net.
Here is a list of participants. (S) after the name indicates that that person is a workshop lecturer or a conference speaker; (C) means that the person has only registered for the conference. This list will be updated at irregular intervals.
- Leonard Okyere Afeke, University of Toronto
- Akram Alishahi (S), University of Georgia, Athens
- Cristina Anghel (S), University of Oxford
- Jai Aslam, North Carolina State University
- Rhea Palak Bakshi, The George Washington University
- Anna Beliakova (S), University of Zurich
- Fraser Binns, Boston College
- Holt Bodish, University of Oregon
- Jennifer Brown, UC Davis
- Federico Cantero Morán (C), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Jacob Caudell, Boston College
- Nafaa Chbili (C), United Arab Emirates University
- Carlo Collari, NYUAD
- Sjoerd de Vries, University of Bonn
- Jesse Frohlich (C), University of Toronto
- D. Zack Garza, University of Georgia
- Paul Großkopf, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Onkar Gujral, MIT
- Quoc Ho, IST Austria
- Tom Hockenhull, MPIM Bonn
- Marius Huber, Boston College
- Dionne Ibarra, The George Washington University
- Damian Iltgen, University of Regensburg
- Dorota Jankowska, University of Warsaw
- Homayun Karimi (C), McMaster University
- Nadezhda Khoroshavkina, HSE University
- Nitu Kitchloo, Johns Hopkins University
- Artem Kotelskiy (S), University of Indiana, Bloomington
- Pravin Kumar V, IISER Mohali, India
- Xiaobin Li, Southwest Jiaotong University
- Wenbo Liao, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
- Andrew Lobb (S), Durham University
- Georgy Luke, IISER Tirupati
- Marco Marengon (S), MPIM Bonn
- Laura Marino, University of Regensburg
- Aaron Mazel-Gee, Caltech
- Ian Montague, Brandeis University
- Lars Munser, University of Regensburg
- Gregoire Naisse, MPIM Bonn
- Neha Nanda, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali
- Sergey Nersisyan, Princeton University
- Jakub Paliga, University of Warsaw
- Martin Palmer, Mathematical Institute of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest
- Paula Truöl, ETH Zurich
- Krzysztof Putyra (S), University of Zurich
- Hoel Queffelec (S), Institut Montpelliérain Alexander Grothendieck
- José Pedro Quintanilha, University of Regensburg
- Jake Rasmussen (S), University of Cambridge
- Louis-Hadrien Robert (S), Université du Luxembourg
- Benjamin Matthias Ruppik, MPIM Bonn
- William Rushworth (C), McMaster University
- Pablo Sanchez Ocal, Texas A and M University
- Oguz Savk, Bogazici University
- Radmila Sazdanovic (C), NC State University
- Léo Schelstraete, UCLouvain
- Manpreet Singh, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali
- Kai Smith, Indiana University
- Devaux Steven, Université de Montpellier
- Charles Stine, Brandeis University
- Pedro Tamaroff, Trinity College Dublin
- Pedro Vaz (C), Universite catholique de Louvain
- Vogelmann Vivien, University of Freiburg
- Mingjie Wang (C), Southern University of Science and Technology
- Liam Watson (S), University of British Columbia
- Paul Wedrich (S), Max Planck Institute for Mathematics, Bonn
- Fan Ye, University of Cambridge
- Melissa Zhang (S), University of Georgia, Athens